24.2.15

You come too...


I'm going out to clean the pasture spring;
  I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
   (And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
    I sha'n't be gone long.
     You come too.

           I'm going out to fetch the little calf
             That's standing by the mother.
               It's so young,
                It totters when she licks it with her tongue.
                 I sha'n't be gone long.
                 You come too.

 Robert frost
****************************

Art-Max Liebermann.

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ohhhhh......that little lamby, that has to be a BOY! teeeheeeeeee I loved how the mummy looked at him to say, "STAY STILL, let mother eat!"

Dearest, I will come away with you any day to hunt down the magic of a winding day, a snow fall, a budding of spring. Like Robert Frost says, "You come too" - his invitation is the magic of poetry.

Let's get our spring gardens ready with the seeds of our imaginations. I am all ready dearest.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just had to come back for more of that lamb and his mother, before I go out to the rigorous working world. Oh how I need a day in the country, with YOU!